The Oxford Literary Festival may only just have closed its doors – and its popular marquee – but there’s a brand new festival coming to town, and the team behind it want your help!
Photography Oxford is launching a major international photography festival later this year, bringing numerous exhibitions of the works of leading photographers to venues across the city, alongside talks, events, films, and photography workshops, from 14 September–5 October.
The festival will see Oxford crammed to the gills with photography, including:
• exhibitions in colleges, libraries, galleries, museums, and maybe even a giant safe,
• talks on a wide range of photography-related issues,
• five nights of movie classics at the festival’s pop-up drive-in cinema,
• a series of critically acclaimed features and documentaries at the Phoenix Picturehouse,
• workshops for photographers at all levels,
• an education programme run in conjunction with local schools,
• competitions where you can pit your own photography skills against the ‘pros’
• and much, much more
For more information, check out the website where more information will be added as the plans take shape.
Instead of an ordinary guide, the team behind Photography Oxford will be producing a festival newspaper, including notes on what’s on and where, articles about photography and Oxford, how to find your way from one event to another, booking information for the talks, and more. And all you have to do is come up with a lively and memorable name for the festival newspaper. Maybe something snappy (no pun intended!) or photography related, or something altogether more abstract. Give your creativity free rein!
The prize for the winning idea, chosen and used as the name of the newspaper, will be an invitation for two guests to attend the festival’s launch party on Friday 12 September 2014, to be held at the Bodleian’s Divinity School from 6-8pm.
The closing date is Wednesday 30 April and the team will announce the winning suggestion on Twitter and Facebook by Friday 30 May.